Sunday, March 13, 2011

Proof of Life

my friend Kelly started a blog series called Proof of Life.  I have never linked up and posted in her series, but today, I thought of a great opportunity to post my first proof of life post!  When I tell most people about my cloth diapering adventures that have begun, they usually find the idea of doing diaper laundry every other day daunting.  I completely understand where they are coming from!  But today, I am rejoicing in it as it is proof of a little life in our home!

5 comments:

sarah kelly hurst said...

my husband and i are expecting a little girl may 20th and are hoping to use cloth diapers. could you give me your opinions on the brands that you've tried as well as how you've liked or disliked using cloth diapers?? also have you had any problems with them fitting since you're baby is still little? thanks a bunch!

Andy said...

Hey Sarah!

we use diaper inserts with a cover. we go between the thirsties brand and the flip brand. I will say for this stage I like the thirsties better because flip is one seize fits all and so you have to fold the insert to make it a small size and that makes it bulky in the back where you fold. We do have some fitted diapers and an all in one pocket diaper that we like as well. we have some covers that snap and some covers that velcro. I personally like the velcro cause you can easily adjust the waste size to fit your baby snuggly instead of the snap closure. I have enjoyed cloth diapering... I would suggest you have at least 24 diapers.. we do laundry every other day. we didnt start cloth until she was a month old because she was too small. they are still a little big, but they work and we are tired of buying disposables. this is just my opinion.... I have a friend who loves the all in one pocket diapers and prefers snap closure over velcro so i would suggest you get one or two of some that you think you might like and see what works best for you. we got all of our stuff from the milky way over off of east blvd. and they are really helpful as well. they will talk through all your different option with you and inform you well! we also registered there and received most of our diapers as gifts! I hope this helps! let me know if you have other questions!

Susan said...

yeah for cloth diapers. I used cloth diapers for both kids, we had 6 dozen but could have gotten by with 4. My washer would only houd 2 dozen, we used som really thick ones from a shop in PA.

I loved the traditional diapering with pins and pull on pants, the best brand I found at the time was "dappi" but by the time Sarahcame along, the dappi pants were becoming hard to find.

Anyway, congrats on your nes addition, she is beautiful.

Laura and Andy said...

sarah-

that post from "andy" is really from me. i didnt realize I was logged in his account when I posted it.

Also... did you use to be sarah link?

Laura

sarah kelly hurst said...

thanks for all of your advice..so helpful! we haven't gotten over to the milky way yet but plan to do tha sometime in the near future...i've heard good things about them! and yes, i used to be sarah link! :) congratulations on your beautiful little girl! ours should be here in about 9 weeks!