Thursday, April 21, 2011

A lesson in plumbing

I learned today that you can take the curved part of your sink pipe off with your own hands... NO TOOLS!  How did I learn this little lesson....ah, what a story...

My friend Ashley came over with her little lady for lunch!  I had just put E down for a nap and she had put her little on in the high chair to feed her.  I was going to get our lunch together, so I took my rings off to wash my hands... UH OH... you guessed it!  CLING CA CLING CLING....my hear stopped, I took a big breath- my wedding band had fallen!  I was over the side without the disposal, so I new it didn't go down the drain cause it would have to fit through the slots... I looked, and there was NO RING!  So- not wanting to freak Andy out, I called my friend Erin to see if her handy husband knew anything about sinks.  He was at work, but the smart girl that she is had asked him what to do IF her ring ever fell down the sink.  She relayed the information and I unscrewed the pipe (full of water) and poured the water into a paper towel (yes, over my sink.. so it all ran into the cabinet below... not so smart on my part)!  Still, no ring came out! It was gone...  My friend Erin offered to bring Banana Bread and her craft she and our other friend Angela would be working on to my house just to come and keep me company and hang out with me and Ashley.  So they got all their stuff together and came over.... and I cried to Ashley and she quietly listened wondering what to say!  So now my kitchen sink is torn apart, its 1pm and I haven't had lunch, and I have no wedding band.  After about 5 or 10 minutes I went back to the sink and picked up the bowl that was in the sink at the time I dropped my ring... and there it was... my wedding band!  It never fell down the sink!  It was hiding in a bowl behind a water bottle!  PRAISE THE LORD!  I felt really stupid that i didn't think to look there before i tore up the cabinet under the sink, but it made for a really funny story in the end!  So I got to hangout with friends all day, eat the best banana bread ever, learn a little bit about the piping underneath my kitchen sink... AND still keep my wedding band!

2 comments:

erin said...

haha.
well documented. :)

Unknown said...

I can envision all of this...I would like to have seen the emotional outburst when everyone realized that the ring had been found!