Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year!

The year 2009 was a pretty good year.  The biggest highlight was quitting my job as a full-time, in home nanny and now working as a stay at home wife and part-time nanny to a sweet 4 month old girl!  But 2009 would not have been complete without these favorites...

Favorite Book- My Sister's Keeper

Favorite Movie- Julie and Julia (I read the book first, great book too)

Favorite New CD- Sara Groves Fireflies and Songs

Favorite New TV Show- GLEE


Favorite New Recipe- Macaroni Grill Bread (Rosemary bread)- thanks Kelly! Now I just need my own rosemary plant!

Favorite New Kitchen Gadget- Pampered Chef Cookie Press!
I received this gadget two years ago as a wedding shower gift.  I put it on the very top shelf of our tall cabinets because it wasn't an everyday item I would need therefore, i completely forgot about it!  This year when I was thinking of what Christmas cookies to make for the family, I thought about my Aunt Maryellen's great cookie traditions and remembered that I can make Christmas Tree cookies too!  So I pulled down my cookie press and made wreaths, trees, and snowflakes (pictures to come when I have time to sit down and figure out how to get pics off of my camera.)

In the mean time, have a Happy new Year!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Happy New Year! We've missed you guys. Glad you had a great Christmas!