Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Nursery Material and Paint Color

Let me first say that the plan is not a traditional boy/girl babyish nursery.  Our desire for the nursery was to make it as gender neutral as possible and only do this nursery thing once.  I also didn't want a "baby" room.  I wanted it to be a place I could enjoy being in and keep for a long time (Lord willing, we will have more babies come through this room).  So with that said.... Here it is...





So the plan is the pattern material to be the quilt with the large medallion in the middle.  The red is the bumper, and the orange is the curtain and dust ruffle, as my friend Kelly likes to call it (to which i said "are you talking about the bed skirt?").  There is also chocolate brown for cording.  Once I get those main things complete, then I will start thinking about pillows!  The wall color is a taupe color.... you can see i started trimming, but didn't get too far!  Sherwin Williams makes an odorless paint and he said pregnant women can paint with it..... very thankful for that!

2 comments:

The Andlers said...

I have loved our neutral/not-so-baby looking nursery. The accents are definitely childish, but I love being in her room and it doesn't feel gender specific. I also have not gotten tired of anything in it compared to the way I feel about the rest of my house at times.

nicole said...

LOVE IT!!!