Sometimes I feel like if Trader Joe's had a theme song, that song would be it.... you know the one "Anything you can do, I can do better! I can do anything better than you!" There are many times I get something from Trader Joe's and their version is much better than "the other guys" at your regular grocery store. Examples: Jo Jo's are way better than Oreos, their cheese cracker sandwich things are better than ritz cracker cheese sandwiches, nuts and dried fruit are better, cereals are better, milk is better, I could go on, but I will stop! Yesterday Andy and I stopped by there on our way home from lunch with friends and they had PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE! We had just run out of our tub of this delishesness that we had gotten from Breuggers, so we grabbed a container from TJ's and some bagels (i believe I have now become addicted to bagels and cream cheese!) I think TJ's version was better than the bagel shop's version. I am not sure how to explain why.... it just was! So... TJ's, I love you! Thank you for coming to Charlotte and planting roots on my side of town! We will be long time friends!
What Trader Joe's Item(s) are your favs??
4 comments:
I love TJ's Arrabiata (spicy) pasta sauce! I have tried the $8-$10 imported varieties from Harris Teeter & TJ's is not only less than half the price, it is by far the best tasting. I also love the Pita Puffs on the chip aisle. WARNING: MAJORLY ADDICTIVE. MAJORLY. I also always stock up on the Charles Shaw Australian Chardonnay. That is the bargain of the century!
I love everything!! Currently loving the vanilla organic yogurt, roasted tomato salsa, organic olive oil...
I love TJ's!!!! My current favorites are the tomato-basil hummus (a 3 year old asked for seconds - no joke), the frozen risotto with asparagus and the multi-grain British muffins.
Me, John and the kiddos headed to Trader Joe's on Saturday and after this blog entry I HAD to try to pumpkin cream cheese. I was not disappointed! They have changed a few things since I've been there and some of the things I got are just sooo good! The peanut butter crackers are almost gone as well as the organic vegetable crackers. I have a few other favorites, but I just had to tell you that your suggestion was awesome (and got a little carried away)!
Post a Comment