Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Making Nursery- bias tape

As I have mentioned before, I am making the bedding for the nursery.  I am not doing it all alone- I have to give mad props to my friend Kelly who is really helping me out with this.  The first step is to make the cording that will go in the seems of the bumper.  The bumper is red and the cording is chocolate brown.

To make the cording, you buy cording and then the material you want to cover it in.  With that material, you make BIAS (not biased) tape by cutting a strip along the angle so that the material holds up better.  Anyway....  here are pictures of the bias tape in progress.  I have made the cording (not pictured below) but will show you some pictures of that as we get the bumper started in the next couple of weeks!

 I cut along the lines and made one long, continuous strip of brown bias tape!

No comments: