Wednesday, September 22, 2010

God's providence


"Historically, however, the church has always understood the providence of God to refer to His care of and governance over all of His creation at all times"- Jerry Bridges Trusting God

In the Trusting God study guide, Bridge asks the question "Do you think of God's providence as limited?"  That was an easy answer for me... no!  I do not believe that God's providence is limited at all!  

The next question was a little more convicting.  He asked, "In what ways do you act as if God's providence is limited even though you may believe that it isn't?" OUCH!  Two of my answers were when I am worried or living in fear.  During those times, I am not trusting in God that he is in control and working for my good and His glory.  

This morning, this verse fell in my reading and was a reminder of why I shouldn't be fearful in a life that is led by the Spirit of God!

"For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God.  For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry "Abba! Father!" - Romans 8:14 and 15

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Same thing the Lord is teaching me, slow as I am to learn.... TRUST Him! Sounds like a rich study!