Fall is pretty much my favorite time of year! I love that the weather is cooling down, but not so cold that you don't want to get out of bed! With the cooler weather this week, I am hopeful that we continue to stay out of the 90's! Some reasons why I love fall...
1. SOUP
I love soup! It is warm and cozy, you don't necessarily have to cook any other sides, and you can cook it in the crock pot all day long! My favorite soup is Chicken Tortilla Soup my friend Kelly introduced me to! We also love a good Chili! My friend Angela makes a good Taco Soup as well! I need to add to my soup recipe collections, so leave a comment with your favorite soup recipe!
2. Starbuck's "Seasonal" drinks
they say you can still get some of your favorite season drinks year round, but there is something wrong with a pumpkin spice latte in the spring time! I love this time of year when Starbucks brings back the Pumpkin Spice Latte! I had a toffee mocha the other day that was really good as well! (decaf of course!)
3. Sweet Potato Casserole
My grandmother made the BEST sweet potato casserole! Seriously.... I have never had one better! With this time of year, we gather for Thanksgiving and share meals with friends... and I pretty much feel validated in making a sweet potato casserole at least every other week during the fall!
4. Fire Pit and S'mores
I LOVE S'MORES! We got a fire pit from my in-laws a few years ago, and we LOVE having people over, sitting out by the fire, and making s'mores! I am glad the evening are cooling down!
5. New Seasons of my Favorite Shows!
I love starting up a new season of my favorite shows! It is always fun to watch premiere week and get excited for the season ahead! Shows such as: The Office, Modern Family, Community, GLEE, and 30 Rock to name a few! (LOST, we miss you)!
6. All things pumpkin
I pretty much love all things pumpkin! Pumpkin bread, Pumpkin Spice latte, pumpkin pie, pumpkin butter, pumkin ice cream,..... if it has pumpkin (and sugar) =) in the ingredients, I am pretty much excited about it! I also look forward to putting out a pumpkin pie candle in my home!
What are some of your favorite things about Fall??
2 comments:
Hi Laura,
Miss you guys! I'm with you on fall! I love everything - coolr weather, soup, changing leaves, pumpkin, you name it! I enjoy Kelly's Chicken Tortilla Soup, too. Here's a couple of my other favorite soups - both from Cooking Light so you might need to adjust the number of portions for man-sized appetites:
Chicken Wild Rice soup - just took some out of the freezer and had it for dinner tonight!
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=223497
Vegetable Soup - I usually add about 1/2 pound browned beef cubes to this, to make it more tasty and hearty but you could also add chicken, turkey or beans:
http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=665147
Enjoy!
Martha
thanks martha! hope you are doing well! looking forward to cooking some new soups!
Post a Comment