Thursday, May 6, 2010

Let's go Yard Sale-ing

I went to my first yard sale of the season!  My friend Jennie and I met in a neighborhood between us and set out to burn the money in our hands!  So here is what I bought.....


Old suitcases to decorate underneath a table.  Also pictures are some old manual wood working tools to decorate with as well!




In this picture I was playing with my camera trying out a trick I had heard about.  I know you can blur with your computer, but I wanted to try it with my camera zooming in as you take the picture.... what do you think?




Lastly, I bought a set of books from the 1960's for children.  They have the classic stories and classic illustrations!  There were like 8 books or so in the set... i got them for 5 dollars!

I love yard sales, so if you ever need a partner, give me a call!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I am in LOVE with those suitcases. What a find! Pick me up some if you find anymore.

Jennie said...

You certainly had the "finds of the day" for sure!! Would love to see some pics of how your used them to decorate??