Sunday, May 30, 2010

What I've been working on

My mom gave me a big bin of family pictures from 1949- 2003ish? (whenever the last year she had an actual film camera!)  She asked if I would scrapbook them all in albums for us kids to have of our childhood.  So I started with mom when she was born.  I am not finished with it, but I also started my sister's first book.  The book is from 1971-1975.  I had it completed in time for her birthday last week, and delivered it to her.  Now I can reveal the infamous project! I realized I hadn't taken pictures as I was getting ready to leave, so I didn't have time to take them out the the page protector and get really good pictures, so please forgive the glare of the plastic and the poor quality.  Here are some of my favorite pictures!


First page



I was thankful I had a basket full of buttons from old pants and shirts!



Angela's first birthday!



"15 months of pure sunshine!"



Life on north street when they lived in Creedmoor, NC.  I put a text box over the word "playing" on the sign, so it says, "SLOW, Children Potty Training"



Angela helping our dad wash his car



Angela's 3rd Birthday.  The inspiration for this page was the birthday hats in the picture.  The party hats were brown with pink, blue, and yellow circles.  You can kinda see it in the top right picture.



This was one of the pages I did with my new cricut!!!!  Aren't the letters much nicer than my handwriting in the previous two pictures??



Pictures of Angela when she was 2 with a poem about being 2.  This was my first time using vellum!



You should see this paper in person!  I LOVE it! Te gold is glitter and the brown is velvet!

 Now I am off the internet to give Cameron Keller's scrapbook some lovin'!

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Great work Laura! Your scrapbook looks awesome! What a special way to keep your memories so dear! Hey, now that schools out for me...let's hang out!

Jennie said...

This is great, Laura. You are so creative!! I'm sure your sister was blessed by your hard work. The love just shines through!!